This document describes how to add the .netCHARTING control to various versions of Visual Studio toolbox.
Visual Studio 2002 & 2003:
- Right-Click on the toolbox > Add/Remove Items
- Select the .net Framework Components tab
- If the server version is installed, the component will be listed in the list box. Otherwise, click browse and select the .netCHARTING dll.
- Click Ok to finish.
|If the error "The format of the file 'dotnetcharting' is invalid." occurs. This means the dll being added is a .net 2.0 assembly. To resolve this issue, the .net 1.x version of the bundle must be downloaded and used instead.|
Visual Studio 2005, 2008 & Express editions.
- Select "Custom Controls" tab of the toolbox.
- Right-Click on the custom controls tab and select "Add Local Toolbox Components..."
- Click "Browse..."
- Navigate to the location of the dotnetcharting.dll file, select it and click ok.
- Finally click ok at the "Select Components" popup.
- When the "Install to GAC" popup appears, click no.