|Visual Basic (Declaration)|
Public Overloads Shared Function CrossingSignal( _ ByVal s As Series, _ ByVal noOfPeriods As Integer, _ ByVal method As Integer, _ ByVal lengthOfMA As Integer _ ) As Series
|Visual Basic (Usage)||Copy Code|
- An series where the first element is the closing price in the last trading period, the second term is the closing price in the previous trading period and so on.
- An integer which represents the number of periods used over which the closing price is compared.
- Determines the methods used for the evaluation of the moving average in
accordance with the following key:
- 1 = Simple moving average
- 2 = Geometric moving average
- 3 = Linearly weighted moving average
- 4 = Exponentially Weighted Moving average within smoothing fact set to be 0.5.
- The number of periods over which the moving average is considered.
Return Value-1, 0, 1 - this method returns either -1, 0, 1 to indicate that either a sell, no action or buy signal was generated.
Buy when the Stochastic K, crosses above the MA D and sell when the Stochastic K falls below the MA of Stochastic D. Since this approach is prone to being whip-sawed we use two (general) Stochastics so that a MA of the %K Stochastic of the first Stochastic and an even more smoothed second Stochastic. In this case a sell signal is generated if the first (more sensitive) Stochastic cross below the second (smoothed) Stochastic, and a buy signal is generated if the first Stochastic crosses above the second Stochastic.